ABOUT GAP INTERNATIONAL
GAP INTERNATIONAL is a registered nonprofit aimed at helping teenage mothers in communities where they are are not treated fairly. Gap International also dares to look at revisiting the attitudes of families, churches, schools and other social institutions towards unmarried young mothers. We are looking for a writer and/or a social media content creator to join our growing team!
It is expected that the preferred candidate should be able to do the following:
1. Create pages on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for a start.
2. Manage these pages with content that will be given to the programme coordinator: adapt the content to suit the audience and get them to engage on social media and on our website.
3. Page promotion will be required, so that people can know about the work. S/he will have to set up a Facebook account for that. S/he might need a laptop or desktop and monthly data.
4. Target 500 followers per month. I know this might be hard to reach except with promotion. But we can set a target.
5. S/he should post regular updates on our social media handles and on our website about teenage pregnancy—daily, preferably. Fresh content. Content can include pregnant teenagers or men who took advantage of their poverty or abuse or just questions about what people think about certain issues. Can be the stories of other people s/he knew about. What leads to it and how society treats it.
6. Updates should be daily, even if there's no engagement at first. With promotion, we can set further target later.
7. Install Google Analytics on the website. S/he just needs to create a GA account and embed the site link on it. That way, we can monitor traffic on the site, where it is coming from, and other demographics.
SALARY: Minimum of 30,000 naira and Maximum of 50,000 naira (Terms and Conditions apply and pay is based on level of understanding and experience)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 25th of June, 2021. Take note however that as soon as we get our preferred candidate, we may stop taking applications. The earlier you apply for this position, the better. And it's remote!
SEND YOUR COVER LETTER AND CV WITH SUBJECT 'WRITER/SOCIAL MEDIA CONTENT CREATOR FOR GAP INT." TO:
We will acknowledge all emails but only successful applicants within the month after the deadline will be contacted!